Navigation

Pligg Support

Most of my sites are running WordPress in the root directory (or will be soon) with Pligg in a subdirectory. I did this inorder to be able to run WP as multi-site with the WP domain mapper thinking that down the road I'll possibly be able to multisite the Pligg along side.

I do have one Pligg running several Pligg installs with a single login but haven't got the WordPress to share logins yet. Working on that though! I use RSS to share content from the WP to the Pligg on these sites.

My question is: If you are doing this what are you doing and how deeply tied together are you running this?? I'm looking for ideas to pursue for the benefit of all of us.
I created a free module (total_story_views) for pligg CMS to show the number of story views in the line under the story title right after the time published. it has two callbacks to functions in the module:
1. To add the story ID to a newly created table “story_views”, every time a story is viewed.
2. To get the total views of each story from the “Story_views” table to print in the story summary.

The module (total_story_views) includes the following files (attached in a zip file):
1. total_story_views_init.php, where the pages to include are listed and the module_add_action to answer the callbacks, and module_add_action_tpl to display the result of the callbacks.
2. total_story_views_install.php (information about the module)
3. total_story_views_main.php, where the two callback functions reside.
4. total_story_views_settings.php (settings of the paths to the location of the module, the template folder and language files)
5. Language file. I made sure that language files are detected automatically by the config file, because I named them lang_english, lang_french, etc. and the define statement picks up the file according to the language chosen during installation or even when it is changed back and forth.

define('total_story_views_lang_conf', "/modules/total_story_views/lang_" . pligg_language . ".conf");

I tested it many times and here is the result:
• The callback from the story.php file to insert the ID in the story_view table is working
• The callback t
Fixes to the Search Box - Right-to-left (rtl)

The attached zipped files are as follows:

1- A JPEG image to show the before and after the modification.
2- search-box-fix-right-to-left.html, the step by step process of modifications

In Pligg CMS, When the selected language is Arabic, the Search button and Search input field are inversed horizontally and the rounded corners are opposite to what they must be. It is easy to fix, just follow the couple of steps in the attached file.

Check also my previous posts for important fixes:

http://pligg.com/support/question/fixes-to-apply-to-any-right-to-left-language-arabic-and-possible-other-languages--/#question

http://pligg.com/support/question/fully-working-implementation-to-display-total-story-views-in-the-story-summary-/#question
To Yankidank and ChuckRost,

I have already submitted 2 fixes and recommendations to help Pliggers with some issues that arise when switching languages, specifically to Arabic. In those fixes I also submitted an accurate translation of lang_arabic for the Simple Messaging module, which can be used and also added to the new Pligg version. I might as well add that I still have a lot to contribute.

Is there a repository where I can also submit these additions, fixes, etc. for you to use what you deem useful for any updates to Pligg CMS?

Thank you!
After you install the Sidebar saved Stories module, you get an error :

" PHP Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY saved_id DESC limit 5' at line 1 in

and the module won't work. To fix it:

open \modules\sidebar_saved\templates\sidebar_saved_index.tpl

go to line 22 and change this:

$res = "select link_id,link_title,saved_id,saved_user_id,saved_link_id from ".table_links.",".table_saved_links." WHERE saved_link_id = link_id AND link_author = ".$userid." ORDER BY saved_id DESC limit 5";

To this:

$res = "select link_id,link_title,saved_id,saved_user_id,saved_link_id from ".table_links.",".table_saved_links." WHERE saved_link_id = link_id AND link_author = link_author ORDER BY saved_id DESC limit 5";

The error was in:

AND link_author = ".$userid."

It must be :

AND link_author = link_author