Navigation

Pligg Support

Hello Chuck,

The demo.pligg.com is already with the 2.0.1 Pligg version? Becauve I've realized (if I'm not wrong) that the sort by categories is still not working properly. If you open http://demo.pligg.com/upvoted/finance/ you'll be able to see that it's sorting the stories by ALL categories, not just by the Finance category.

Thanks!
Pligg is great but it doesn't really work as a forum. I feel the old pligg support was much more user friendly and that this format is holding pligg development back. Anyone else agree?
When I add a new page from the admin panel it doesn't dynamically add to the navigation bar. I've had to go into the header.tpl file to manually enter it.
Two issues I'm having:
1. Is there a way to use smarty code for the ahref to the page?
2. For the if statement to set the page to active I only have the option of $pagename eq "page" for it work with a custom page. However I have more than one custom page so they are all showing as active. Is there a different variable I could use? I try writing in the page name I've assigned but it doesn't work.
I am posting this as an instructional post for those who might ask this common question. You can find a 1 minute Youtube video that details the process here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZiCcZhjAh8

I find that /story/###/edit/ or editlink.php loads very slowly and needs php memory resources to be set very high to load at all. All other pages load fast. What can I do to fix this?
When you manually delete, as a user and publisher of the story, or as admin delete a story or remove all discarded stories from the Admin panel, the tag_cache table is deleted as well and you are left with no tags in the sidebar or the cloud, until you manually edit a story and add/remove tag or after a new story submit.

To fix this bug, follow these steps:
1- Open adminadmin_delete_stories.php
2- Go to line 82 or look for:

$query="DELETE FROM " . table_tag_cache;
if (!mysql_query($query)) {error_page(mysql_error());}

Insert right after it this code:

$sql="INSERT INTO ".table_tag_cache." select tag_words, count(DISTINCT link_id) as count FROM ".table_tags.", ".table_links." WHERE tag_lang='en' and link_id = tag_link_id and (link_status='published' OR link_status='new') GROUP BY tag_words order by count desc";
if (!mysql_query($sql)) {error_page(mysql_error());}

Save and close
3- Open delete.php
4- Go to line 133 or look for:

$db->query("DELETE FROM ".table_tag_cache);

Insert right after it this code:

$db->query($sql="INSERT INTO ".table_tag_cache." select tag_words, count(DISTINCT link_id) as count FROM ".table_tags.", ".table_links." WHERE tag_lang='en' and link_id = tag_link_id and (link_status='published' OR link_status='new') GROUP BY tag_words order by count desc");

Save and close.

What we did here is we rebuilt the tag_cache table after every delete.
I have installed the latest version of Pligg on my website and have a few issues:

1. When I login to my admin panel, the last logged in widget says it's unable to select database.

2. When I tried to submit my first story, it did not go through and there were no error messages.

3. When I try to edit the template, I get a 403 error.

Everything else seems to work well. How can I fix these errors?
For those that are unaware disaster struck the other day. My entire house collapsed into a sinkhole and I'm now homeless. I've lost everything but the clothes on my back. The Red Cross has me set up in a motel till tomorrow. I am doing everything I can to find a place to live right now and my resources are very low so I've set up an Indiegogo page about it and updating it as I go. I won't be able to do any custom work, installations, or provide support here until I can get into a place and set up again. Please help me get back to Pligging full time again.

http://www.chuckroast.net/news/everything-has-collapsed/
Says - Could not Open Socket. Anyone got this before? I was trying to submit a website from kickstarter.
I have worked on some changes to Pligg files to better accommodate the switch of languages, in this case the Arabic language. It is done in a way that will make any change/addition to the files very easy to carry on in case of an update to Pligg (assuming that Pligg developers did not have time to implement the modifications and the recommendations I submitted.)

The attached zipped files are as follows:

1- A JPEG image to show the before and after the modification.
2- Simple Messaging lang_arabic.conf to be saved in "\modules\simple_messaging"
3- An HTML file of the "\languages\lang_english.conf" (showing the modifications to the translation, as well as the new Constants added to accommodate the changes.)
4- An HTML file of the "\languages\lang_arabic.conf" (showing the modifications to the translation, as well as the new Constants added to accommodate the changes.)
5- An HTML file "Language Config - Usage in Files.html" It is a complete mapping of all the "lang_english.conf" Constants, showing in what pligg files they are used and the Line number.
6- pligg-fixes.html, the step by step process of modifications

Note that some of the steps are applicable to all languages, therefore I encourage everybody to read the "pligg-fixes.html" file.