I have removed the register.php on my site yet I'm still seeing users sign up, anyone else have this issue? I've deleted over 10 users since the page has been removed. Can they sign up any other way maybe inject users into the DB some other way?
Try to register another account while your register.php wasn't there.
1. If you can't register and you're still seeing users sign up, then change your password.
2. Try to use a CDN http://developingsites.blogspot.com/2012/09/how-to-use-content-delivery-network-cdn.html and maximize or make the â€śSecurity profileâ€ť of the CDN settings for your website "High".
I have removed all references to register.php and all the files on the server yet users can still register, any ideas?
I have changed my password yet accounts are being made, but unlike typical pligg spam it's only a few per week. This is what I find strange, for example see the screenshot. The last three users are some how added to the DB and so far 1 has confirmed! Also when you create accounts to the admin it doesn't even need confirmation, if this was done inside the admin they would be confirmed
There is no option on the Admin control panel to disable the user registration. If you have access to the files on the server. Here is one option to disable the registration:
1) Backup the registration.php file to your local drive and delete this copy from the server.
2) Update the templates/bootstrap/header.tpl file and remove the link for registration
3) Update the templates/bootstrap/login_center.tpl file and remove the link for registration.
Hope this helps
Thank you for answering
It's not working for me. which one code should I remove in file header.tpl and login_center.tpl
I have highlighted the code that you will need to remove the from the header.tpl in the attached screenshot
“Thank you Yankidank...”
Just for fun, and while I forgot where I grabbed the initial code..
“I suggest you use Winmerge to compare the source code between your old copy and the new version to...”
“Sorry to take a while to get back to you. I assume that you are still having this problem? I am...”
“Well there certainly isn't a simple way to do it, so I'm going to say no....”
New user? Create a new account