Auto Content Scraper
The Auto Content Scraper module makes it easy to add rich content to your Pligg site. Many links submitted from popular sites that contain videos, photos, music, documents, and rich content are automatically scrapped for their content and added to a Pligg site submission. If the submitted url does not contain rich media or if the submitted url is not from one of the hundreds of supported sites to scrape content from, a screenshot will be grabbed and cached locally and embedded in the summary pages.
The Auto Content module uses the oEmbed Function API and the Embed.ly API to detect content from the most popular social and media sharing sites on the internet
- Easy Installation
- Self Updating - When more supported sites are added to the API they will automatically be supported through this module without the need to update.
- Preview the content in submit step2 for supported urls.
- Auto thumbnail generation for summary pages from all available sources. Uses a screenshot from wing.ca for unsupported oembed links.
- Uses jquery multiget on summary pages for less calls to the api which speeds up fetching and rendering.
- Screenshots from unsupported urls are now cached locally
- Supported Video Services
- Supported Image Services
- Supported Audo Services
- Supported Product Services
- Supported Misc Services
- Pligg 1.0.0 or higher